Sales Support Administrator
— Industry leading events and digital marketing company
- Industry leading events and digital marketing company
- Up to £23k DOE
- Start date ASAP
Our client are an events and digital marketing business that organise B2B exhibitions, conferences and awards ceremonies (primarily in the UK) for global audiences in the performance marketing and influencer marketing industries. Working with clients such as ASOS, British Airways, Charlotte Tilbury, M&S, BT, TikTok and many more!!
They own and run industry websites to support their events portfolio and are looking for an experienced Sales Support Administrator to join their growing team as they continue to expand.
As part of a small (12 and counting) and friendly team, you will report to the Sales Director and support a team of two sales representatives.
You will have at least 1 year of sales administration experience, but really the most important thing is that you have the right attitude, drive, and willingness to support the team to enable them to close more deals and increase annual turnover during a key period of growth for the business. You'll work well in a small team, show initiative, and have a friendly and confident manner. You’ll be working both independently and collaboratively with different internal and external stakeholders. Experience of using a CRM is essential (HubSpot an advantage).
They are looking for someone who has previously worked in a fast-paced administrative role within a sales environment. You’ll need to effectively manage your time and workload and demonstrate superb organisational skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage incoming sales leads and schedule calls / meetings where appropriate
- Prepare sales proposals
- Manage sales contracts and corresponding invoices
- Manage CRM campaigns to support specific sales projects
- Support with delegate acquisition when necessary to grow their event attendance
- Work with internal stakeholders to increase award entries into their portfolio of awards programs
- Undertake market and competitor analysis
- Prepare and manage reports and internal documents to assist sales function
- Support account management
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as required
What experience you will require:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy, including confident use of customer relationship management software (CRM) - Hubspot strong advantage
- Superb organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work in a busy, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build rapport with colleagues
- Proven team player, while also being able to work independently with little supervision
What you can expect from them:
- Salary up to 23k DOE
- Continual support and mentoring with the opportunity to progress
- 24 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health care plan
- Flexible home / office working during pandemic
- A lovely team to work with and a friendly and professional work culture
- Riverside office in the centre of Bristol
Call Sam directly on 0117 301 8495 or email [email protected]Back to jobs