Resources & Courses for Furloughed Salespeople
Short-term layoffs are an unfortunate reality for many of our clients and candidates as a result of COVID-19.
For sales professionals that have some free time and are looking to stay ahead of the game, we’ve collected a bunch of online resources and courses to take the interest of those looking to learn, upskill and stay occupied.
Stuff to Read
Some blogs that we’ve been told are full of useful content…
- HubSpot Sales blog
- Dan Waldschmidt blog – inspiring great mindsets
- The Sales blog
- Close blog – fresh sales advice weekly
- Sales Hacker blog – tips, training and tech
- The enable blog – sales resources for clients and candidates
Learn and Upskill
Now is the perfect time (in between Netflix and naps) to be brushing up your skills, whether it’s developing your selling techniques or mastering your process. Knowledge is power.
- Inbound Sales Certification by HubSpot Academy – free certification course
- The Art of Sales – mastering the selling process
- Sales Manager Training by HubSpot Academy
- Advanced Techniques – Sales Prospecting by Sales Scripter
Join Online Meetups & Groups
There are some great meetups, Facebook and LinkedIn groups for sales professionals out there. Some that have been mentioned to us…
- B2B Sales Groups/Meetups
- Connect with other local Sales Professionals. Network and discuss sales techniques and strategies.
- Inside Sales Experts – LinkedIn Group
- Make It Happen – B2B Sales with John Barrows – Facebook Group
- Sales Talk with Sales Pros – Facebook Group
- Sales Best Practices – LinkedIn Group
Listen & Watch
Learn, multi-task and observe. There are a wide range of sales-focused podcasts and webinars to keep you educated and entertained during your time on furlough.
- Make it Happen Mondays – a wide guest variety covering B2B sales
- The Salesman Podcast – the soft skills required for sales success
- The Ziglar Show – developing self-improvement and good habits in sales
- Sell or Die – live Q&A chats with varied sales topics
- The Quotable Podcast – talent recruiting, sales training and coaching
- Advanced Selling Podcast
- Upcoming Sales Webinars – via Selling Power
If there are certain soft skills that you think you could brush up on, you’ll be way ahead of the game once you’re back at your desk, ready to thrive and connect with your prospects.
- The ultimate guide to objection handling – by HubSpot
- Understand Sales psychology – skillshare
- Improve your emotional intelligence – here, why it’s important in sales
- Revamp your LinkedIn profile with these top tips
- Update your CV – if you’re thinking of the next step in your sales career, now is the best time to fine-tune your CV.
We hope these resources have helped. For Sales Recruitment Expertise, please get in touch with the team on 0117 301 8495 today if you are seeking help with the growth of your sales or business development teams.